We are hiring! Could you be our next Arts Outreach Project Lead?
We have 2 exciting opportunities to join our team. Are you passionate about the arts in primary education and a natural self-starter? Read on! We are looking for an Arts Outreach Project Lead and an Operations Manager for Kingham Cottages.
Arts Outreach Project Lead
Job Title: Arts Outreach Project Lead
Site address: Kingham Lodge, West End, Kingham OX7 6YL
Salary: £18-£20k (dependent on skills and experience)
Contract: 20 hours per week
Probation: 3 months probation
Leave: 28 days pro rata
Travel: Occasional, generally rural, car essential
About the charity
Sculpture at Kingham Lodge is the biennial fundraising event for The Stockwell Charitable Trust. Sculpture at Kingham Lodge is a highly successful sculpture show displaying over 500 works of art in the 5 acre garden of Kingham Lodge which attracts over 8000 visitors to the 10 day biennial show and has raised over £500,000 for charity since its inception in 2012. Funds are dispersed to various charities and organisations and since 2021 an ambitious outreach programme has delivered art workshops and more to over 20 local primary schools. The Trustees are seeking to grow this to include music and extend the project to further schools.
Sculpture at Kingham Lodge is looking for a Project Lead. This role will develop relationships with existing and new schools and artists, plan and deliver the programme of workshops and support for schools and manage the associated budget. The role will also deliver marketing for the programme and co-ordinate with Trustees on fundraising opportunities. This is a varied role. The Project Lead will be expected to manage their workload to support periodic projects.
This is a part time role that could grow in the future with scope for flexi working. You will need to be self-motivated, capable of organising your own workload and working alone. You will have a track record of successful project management.
The role will suit a highly organised and articulate administrator with operational and / or project management experience. Ideally the candidate has marketing knowledge, good social media skills and will be capable of writing engaging blog content. Good telephone manner and written communication skills are essential, as are a positive attitude.
- Develop relationships with teachers and artists to deliver a programme of workshops
- Develop links with other institutions such as secondary schools and universities to further the programme
- Develop fundraising partners to continue to grow the programme
- Deliver engaging content to sustain current social media audience
- Develop existing social media marketing strategy to grow followers in relevant audiences
- Write blog content and manage the website
- Deliver a reliable first point of contact for the charity
- Information management
- Budget management
- Excellent communication skills with high levels of written English and good telephone manner
- Good knowledge of word and excel
- Proven experience of self-motivation and excellent office management / administrative skills
- Proven experience of engaging with people
- Current knowledge of social media platforms, ideally through Business Suite
- Evidence of long form writing either in blog form or other showing capability
- Flexible nature and ‘can do’ attitude to tackle tasks and projects as required
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of editing WordPress websites
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th July. Interviews will take place with a view to starting the job by September.